Translation of Network Addresses – CG-NAT
VAS EXPERTS DPI function of network address and port translation allows the carrier to share one public IPv4 address with multiple subscribers, prolongs the use of the limited IPv4 addressing space, and simplifies the transition to IPv6 addressing. Since the DPI platform is designed for huge loads with deep traffic analysis, it can easily perform the address translation function (Carrier-Grade NAT), in addition to which, the customer receives a full set of standard DPI tools.
- Uses effectively the limited IPv4 addressing space
- Complies with industry standards defined in RFC 6888, RFC 4787.
- Ensures transparent operation of peer-to-peer protocols (torrents, games).
- Allows to limit number of TCP and UDP ports for the subscriber (protection against DDoS).
- To implement CG-NAT function, VAS EXPERTS DPI shall be introduced “out-of-line”.
- To ensure fail-safety, stand-by platform is recommended.
- License VAS EXPERTS DPI COMPLETE is necessary to make CG-NAT function available.
- Performance of the address translation function depends on the chosen hardware platform and the license for VAS EXPERTS DPI software (VAS EXPERTS DPI 6, VAS EXPERTS DPI 20, VAS EXPERTS DPI 40 and higher).